Sunday, April 20th 2014 8:59 PM
Located in West Central Wisconsin, Nelson Telephone Cooperative, was formed in 1949 thru 1956 to provide Local Exchange Dial Tone to the communities of Nelson and Durand. In 1957 the exchange of Arkansaw and in 1959 Gilmanton/Modena were merged with the cooperative which formed our existing territories. Currently we serve a radius of approximately 365 square miles in west central Wisconsin.
The Cooperative is locally owned by it’s members and daily operations are overseen by a General Manager. The vision and future direction of the manager is approved by an elected board of directors from within the cooperative. Each member or subscriber of telephone service is entitled to vote for the board of directors.
A portion of the net profits from the cooperative is paid back to members in the form of Capital credits. Capital Credits are allotted to members based on their spending with the cooperative.
Today, Nelson Telephone Cooperative's central office is equipped with a Genband IP Based Softswitch equipped to bring the latest technology available today. The outside plant facility is supported by a fiber optic backbone with diversified local and toll routing.
Nelson Telephone Cooperative also provides other services such as:
Nelson Telephone Cooperative strives to add new services and technologies with the quality of service and affordability our customers expect.